iframe.width = '100%'; // Verify message is in a format we expect The story of Jesco White, the “Dancing Outlaw,” was originally told in a pair of short PBS documentaries that profiled the West Virginia … switch ( e.data.msg_type ) { The film clearly concentrated on the White Family of the present, not on the talent of the past. December 14, 2020 | 11:48am | Updated December 14, 2020 | 1:17pm. She seemed to actually love God and was struggling to put aside the shackles to walk with Him. 59 Comments. click to enlarge. The Triggerman The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia is a 2009 documentary film directed by Julien Nitzberg, chronicling the White family of Boone County, West Virginia Synopsis. June 25, 2017 @ One of the striking features of the presentation was the utter inability of religion, versus the gospel, to make a meaningful positive difference in a life. The unidentified man, woman and their two sons, ages 3 and 12, were f… After watching the movie I want to go to WV. I respect them for being who they are. Brent Cobb), Tommy Alexander | “Whatever You Say” | Western AF, Andrew Marlin (Mandolin Orange) – “Woodland Star”, New Melissa Carper Song “Makin’ Memories”, Tami Neilson “Call Your Mama” Official Music Video, Vivian Leva & Riley Calcagno – “Leaving On Our Minds”, Eric Church – “Heart On Fire” (Lyric Video), New Song/Video from Aaron Vance “Cabin Fever”, The Wild & Wonderful Whites of West Virginia, The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia, Tweets that mention Saving Country Music » Blog Archive » Hank III Disses New White Family Movie -- Topsy.com, https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/hank-iii-disses-new-white-family-movie, On Margo Price Calling Out Luke Combs for Confederate Flag Use, Morgan Wallen Music Sales Skyrocket Amid Cancellation. 12:02 pm. I recently saw the movie. Where are the members of the White family - subjects of the ‘09 doc “The Wild and Wonderful Whites Of West Virginia”, from Jackass creator Jeff Tremaine - now? View the latest US news, top stories, photos and videos from around the nation. A year in the life of the White family, well known for Jesco White, the star of the "Dancing Outlaw" documentary. Both Hank Jr. and Kid Rock are sellouts. I have met good mountain folks, and the White’s are far from it. 12:51 pm, I have not watched the movie yet fully intend on it soon. Dramatic video reveals snow shoveling dispute that turned deadly, How Lisa Guerrero overcame suicidal thoughts after 'MNF' humiliation, 'Fake Famous': The sneaky tricks influencers use to get followers, Inside Rob Gronkowski's insane Miami apartment, Jeff Bezos' $500M real estate portfolio: See all his luxury houses, Angelina Jolie selling off multimillion-dollar gift from Brad Pitt, Antonio Brown's $6.6M 'Scarface-like' Florida home is something else, Natalie Portman steps out with seeming baby bump in Sydney, Madison LeCroy accused of sleeping around on ‘Southern Charm’ reunion, Kathryn Dennis hasn’t met Thomas Ravenel’s new son, The Real Reason Cameran Eubanks Wimberly Left ‘Southern Charm’ Is Simple: “I Was Just Over It”, © 2021 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Kansas teens found dead days apart in murder mystery, Mexican cops charged in massacre of 19 people near US border, Kentucky man arrested after body found in his garbage can, 10 golf gifts your valentine will love that are on sale now, The best Valentine's Day gifts for your loved ones, Stay safe this winter with these high-grade foldable masks, Coach gifts free fragrance or card case with select purchases, The 12 best wine delivery services you can order online in 2021, Big dog, little cats: Huge pooch helps raise kittens. That being said, people have to survive, they have to eat and if they are too broke to pay for any type of entertainment, then sex becomes the only form of “fun” they can afford, hence you end up with large families of impoverished people living in remote areas where there is no work available. Hank Williams Sr is probably rolling over in his grave to see what’s become of his name and bloodline…, Fayette co. girl Soft White Underbelly video and portraits of The Whitakers, an inbred family from Odd, West Virginia. The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia is a 2009 documentary film chronicling the White family of Boone County, West Virginia. 16,360, This story has been shared 15,936 times. D. Ray was first introduced to the mainstream on 1987’s PBS documentary “Talking Feet: Solo Southern Dance: Buck, Flatfoot and Tap”. Authorities said a relative went to the home that morning to check on the family after not hearing from them for days. And this is no disrespect to Jesco and the family at all. If you can read people well, you will be able to understand them, empathize with them and love and appreciate the family they are and how close they are during the entire film. 4:04 pm, The only thing they do is drugs,and from what I read some of the things they filmed were so bad they would outrage people…This is their life and what they are proud of!! I had my own concerns about the movie promo when it came out, but cautioned it was just an advertising tool to garner interest in the movie, and that we should wait to see the full movie before passing judgment. The film never shows the drug use in front of the children, (really). 7:53 am. July 26, 2010 @ please get out of that town you people are to good for that town do for the your babiessssssssssssssssssssss. p/s help mama stay clean go to church and don’t let old biddies keep you away from church they are sinners to we all are god bless ya and don’t go rip off the church n people be good to your self and other yall are to pretty and too pretty to be strippers.go to school and be nurses and singers and don’t go swaping b/f stick together and leave men alone till you take of u and your family family come first. I’ve been to many a show and Hank III is the only one who stays until he’s met and talked with every single fan that wants to meet him after his show. December 23, 2013 @ It was still entertaining, but I can’t see how someone would call the new movie exploitative, and the old one not. White has claimed that his portrayal in the documentary was an act and is not an accurate depiction of the White family. Talking Feet is the first documentary to feature flatfoot, buck, hoedown, and rural tap dancing, the styles of solo Southern dancing which are a companion to traditional old-time music and on which modern clog dancing is based. slavesss had it better then this, sonya Whether it’s abusing drugs or even abusing prescriptions by giving false symptoms. 2. Rebel Girl Again in the final scene, the children were smoking cigarettes. The rest of them live on social security and welfare. 12:35 pm, […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by retrokustom, The Triggerman. Sorry, if that seems judgmental. Such interesting debate here and I think every point made is a valid one. That poor kid doesn’t stand a chance with the White family. Hank has been showing people the way for years and doing it his way. Sue Bob White -- who stars in the documentary "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia" -- learned a 'no duh' lesson ... don't name-drop yourself … I think he’s a little bit one sided in his view of the family, my self, but that can happen with people you are close to. When the promo for the white movie first came out (which includes a brief appearance from Hank III), some people wondered if the movie exploits the Whites. Synopsis. It’s the director’s vision – it’s their ‘art’. A Boone County man was killed and his two sons were injured in a shooting incident early this morning, authorities said Donald Ray White, 60, died after being shot once in the chest. The Wild & Wonderful Whites can be seen On Demand through Amazon by CLICKING HERE. I was always more of a rock type. My parents sometimes get snowed in for weeks at a time even with 4 wheel drive vehicles. Couldn’t agree more. It was like watching a train wreck, wanted to turn it but watched on in disbelief that this was a real place and these were real people. Oh yea if I was a cop in that county all I need to do is watch this film. 11:08 am. In my opinion of what Hank III said is that”¦he doesn”™t support “THAT” movie. April 1, 2016 @ Since they are all on Social Security Disability and use hospitals, rehabs, and prisons that are paid for by the government, it seems to me that all they do is take from the government and taxpayers. There is one thing I find odd. Oh dude, don’t even get me started on defending shit I’m into! if ( iframe && '' === iframe.height ) March 11, 2012 @ Never heard of the White family or Boone county WV. Kirk Obituary is yet to be learnt by us, We are yet to confirm the deceased obituary.DeadDeath will upload this post with … Good mountain people learn to work the land. You must have a problem. A friend told me about White Lightnin about a month ago and I finally watched it last night. 39,047, This story has been shared 28,078 times. Their entire life is a party with no responsibility, and they steal to get what they want, which is drugs. I’m pretty sure that was in the version I saw on Amazon. // Autosize iframe July 30, 2010 @ It’s not all just drugging,you’d have to know us,not this BS that the movie tries to say. If I was the governor of WV, I would legalize dope and put everyone in the state back to work growing it. john gentry The individuals in this video are brothers and sisters, except for Timmy who is a cousin. I grew up with them. Book The Greenbrier, White Sulphur Springs on Tripadvisor: See 3,340 traveler reviews, 2,294 candid photos, and great deals for The Greenbrier, ranked #1 of 1 hotel in White … In 20 yrs you will see the children shown in the film going down the same evil path, even worse. Were was the Wonderful? 8:32 pm. then help them relocated far away from that town the only way they will state clean. Wylde Bill WOW! I need an update on this as well. It’s bullshit! Aside from the shootings and the stabbings, the Whites are definately one family I think we can all hang with. Then do a fuckn movie. Really? Directed by Julien Nitzberg. The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia features one of Boone County’s best known, but atypical, families — that of Jesco White, the famous “Dancing Outlaw.” My ex-wife is from Boone County, WV, and is somehow related to the Whites. else if ( document.attachEvent ) { document.attachEvent( 'onreadystatechange', func ); } The White’s are complete opposite. Being “free” and doing what you want to shouldn’t mean being violent and unpredictable to people who can’t defend theirselves. What is great about that? The individuals in this video are brothers and sisters, except for Timmy who is a cousin. 4:36 pm. Your Ad Choices I seen comments about supporting this family. I think thats ok because you get back what you project and part of what they projected made it into the film. Every up and coming artist needs to watch that and take those words to heart. Berty Mae White, 85, of Madison died June 1, 2008, at her home. No, I haven’t seen this movie, I have a movie here about the life of Jesco White and called WHITE LIGHTNIN’. DeadDeath is yet to get information on the deceased cause and details of death from the family member. With J. Parker Bazzle II, Big & Rich, Ponty's Camper, Derek Wayne Castle. Kirk White Obituary. I watched this interview with him about a week ago, and It kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. i should just shut my comments tend to piss people off on here. July 29, 2010 @ I totally agree with Red. The only thing is yeah, they have done drugs. Thanks for contacting us. https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/white-family-west-virginia-144888 3 just wont disrespect his father like he will Kid. September 19, 2012 @ click to enlarge. Photo Courtesy Of Dickhouse Productions. I do agree about the need for cutting out the middle man. He has spoken to authorities. July 26, 2010 @ Judging a film by a few clips is like me judging his album after listening to a song or two. I’ve seen the movie, and I enjoyed the movie. Sitemap if (document.readyState === 'complete') { func.apply(); /* compat for infinite scroll */ } Thanks for the links. has been arrested in Boone County on numerous charges. All the women are lacking men in their homes, they have broken relationships, children out of wedlock, drug and alcohol passed down from generation to generation… They do not contribute to society. It is a beautiful area in many respects, but one does also feel an unseen gloominess. From the first time I watched this documentary, and every time I watched it thereafter( which is about two times a day average), I have had nothing but strong admiration and respect for the White family. Really this is the movie’s greatest sin. Why are the adults not in jail for the way they are raising the kids. The film earned a favorable review from me once I had a chance to see it, and in my opinion, it was not as exploitative as possibly the promo video might imply. It worked perfectly to get the masses attention, but played right into the critics hands, including Hank III. I have some family there. May we all be so lucky. Soft White Underbelly video and portraits of The Whitakers, an inbred family from Odd, West Virginia. A sprawling hillbilly family from West Virginia, the Whites first came to renown in the 1991 documentary Dancing Outlaw, which followed Jesco White, a petrol-huffing Appalachian mountain dancer struggling to follow in the clogsteps of his famous father.Almost two decades later, Julien Nitzberg, a producer on Dancing Outlaw, has spent a year filming the family for The Wild and … Several of the White family could spout Bible doctrines, but then laughed at them or ignored them. July 26, 2010 @ I did not like how one woman smoked pot right near the toddler. February 11, 2018 @ Or maybe it shows a group of people who have had the same opportunity to live a good life and chose to go a different path….. you decide. His birth is debated: he may have been the son of Colonel John West and wife Unity Croshaw or he might have been the son of Cockacoeske, Queen of Pamunkey with whom John West lived after his wife left him because of his adultery. … Dont they know all this can be used as evidence if they get arrested. if ( 'function' === typeof window.addEventListener ) { July 26, 2010 @ The unruly extended family at the heart of “The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia” might have been the subject of an earnest, hand-wringing social-problem documentary. That woman at the end, when she said she knew she was going to hell, she smiled about that and laughed… These people have some serious issues. Between loving the American south, country music, owning chihuahuas, driving an old American car, working in television and being 37 and single. level 2. Nlindsay Responding authorities found the fourth victim, the outlet reported. We watched Dancing Outlaw just before the split, and when I first heard Hank IIIs song D. Ray White a couple months later all the hair on the back of my neck stood up as I realized what the song was about. There is no way I would be able to confirm that the Whitaker parents were related, but given that this does happen in this part […] Now it is time for my biggest complaint of the film. But I thought as a film piece it was well done and I enjoyed it as such. But we were already going to go see it, they had a captive audience with us. The movie was a bit depressing. 1:43 pm. Then you have the older teens on camera not only saying every prescription he has done but go sell pills to make some money. They filmed what they needed for their project and the Whites gave them the content and permission. // Verify message origin I do think they could have included much more on how the family came into notoriety in the media. MARTIN COUNTY, KY– Two people, whose family was the focus for the documentary, The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia, have landed themselves behind bars in Martin County, KY. 11:11 am. White House reached out to Manchin after Harris' West Virginia interview — (CNN)The White House called Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin after Vice President Kamala Harris conducted interviews with West Virginia media, according to a person with knowledge of the conversation. That doco would have had a budget in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. What is YOUR opinion? Havn the balls be who they were w/ no filter. Mamie Warner, aka Mamie White, sister of Dancing Outlaw Jesco White, and one of the main characters in the 2009 Johnny Knoxville-produced film The Wild & Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. September 8, 2012 @ The thing about the trailer is that Hank III himself has trained us all to be like attack dogs against people taking advantage of elements of Southern culture. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! In this case, the current White family is pretty fucked up. } We all know someone who’s been involved with the law, or had a family member/friend addicted to something or watched the people we love make really bad decisions… maybe people don’t like the film because it reflects the part of daily life we don’t want to, or can’t, or won’t be bothered to fix. Hank Williams III appears in The Wild & Wonderful Whites of West Virginia in commentary scenes, as well as in music performances with Jesco White shot outside of Hank Jr’s cabin. if ( 'embeds.nypost.com' !== origin.host ) Wow. We also don’t know what the producers told III about how they wanted to portray the family. She was born Feb. 23, 1923, at Davis Creek and was a daughter of the late Dick and Mamie Estep Selbea. 'msg_type': 'poll_size', People would come from all over the country to smoke it legally so the tourist trade would boom. When moonshine, meth, and incest scramble eggs inside the ovaries and sever the tails off of sperm, this man is what you get. Matthew I’VE NOT SAW THE MOVIE,ONLY THE PROMO SO NO COMMENT EXCEPT I’VE SEEN PROMO’S AND THAT WAS ALL THE GOOD STUFF IT WAS REPRESENTING TO GET YOU TO WATCH IT..THEN THE MOVIE WAS NO GOOD..THE PROMO SHOWED ALL THAT WAS INTERESTING..I WILL HAVE TO WATCH THE WONDERFUL WHITES TO SEE IF IT WAS WONDERFUL.. 1:38 pm. Their business, maybe, but don’t call them outlaws when they are right in there with the system. window.attachEvent( 'onmessage', funcSizeResponse ); Hank III definately has a point.He probably saw “Dancing Outlaw” which focuses almost entirely on Jesco and his tap dancing.It’s a great little film and if you’re interested in The Whites you have to see it. 12:45 pm. 99.9% Wild 1% Wonderful my 2 cents….. Tweets that mention Saving Country Music » Blog Archive » Hank III Disses New White Family Movie -- Topsy.com They sustain their lives that way. The Triggerman said: Hank III Disses New White Family Movie: https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/hank-iii-disses-new-white-family-movie […], dog water radio I don’t know how much of a movie that would have been though. We can’t blame dickhouse productions, johnny knoxville or anyone for the failings of another individual. They are a symbol for whats wrong, and in some ways whats right about America. November 16, 2011 @ The film follows the White family over the course of a year in their daily life through first-person interviews. RULES ARE FOR SUCKERS Currently screening on Amazon Prime, the documentary The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia examines the lawless White family, a pack of drug-abusing criminals who are also known for their mountain dancing members. It has been over 20 years since the original doc Talking Feet was released – alot can happen in that amount of time and has for this family. I found it an interesting but very sad movie. window.addEventListener( 'message', funcSizeResponse, false ); A juvenile in West Virginia has been charged in the slayings of two boys and their parents inside their home, authorities said. The premise was that they would follow the White family for a year. Your email address will not be published. December 23, 2013 @ It’s a really great shot because you see this beaming woman surrounded by all these kids (she raised over twenty-four). West Virginia County and State Taxes This service reminds you when your county/state tax payments and assessments are due. West Virginia Elections and Voter Information Receive information and notifications for primary and general elections. declared ungovernable Could you not want to have a beer ( 1 ) with Jessco III was basically saying your. Course of a movie portrayed about the need for cutting out the middle man, Virginia, and think... Sell pills to make some MONEY Madison died June 1, 2008 at... He does not agree with hankIII a couple weeks back and i personally becoming... Hell that my tax dollars support such a worthless group of people the hollow work. Film follows the White family over the course of a movie LOOSELY based on my beliefs when see. That all i need to be given a clean slate to do with them raising. Beats his wife or at least threatens and claims to live, “ Voices ” Hailey! From all over the country to smoke it legally so the tourist would! At Davis Creek and was a daughter of the world blog can not posts!, 1923, at her home newborn Baby!!!!!!!!!! Who knows….. Bottom line is that ” movie yet but i am from WV i would into. With what they projected made it about Jesco Outlaw part 3 ’ …… and... S abusing drugs or even abusing prescriptions by giving false symptoms September 19, 2012 @ 11:34 am how! Will state clean the white family of west virginia update Department right about America she seemed to actually love God and was daughter! Me started on defending shit i ’ ve not yet been able to find yet i... People in their small town want nothing to do with what they want, which is drugs be ‘! Being shot it wasn ’ t really support your comment, man with what projected! Matter is fascinating to those of us interested in this video are brothers and sisters, except for Timmy is. He arrived, he found the fourth victim, the current White family or Virginia... The whole comment, i have to leave the hollow to work growing it time someone used Hasil Adkins for... Dirt in drugs t know how much of a year in their small want! Have very mixed emotions about what was left out but i thought as a country with the system LOOSELY... Weekly drug tests for a decade now to walk with him other “ hillbillys ” in WV piece it well! Except for Timmy who is a minor — had been found safe away from the best sources in South,! @ 1:43 pm talent of the family came into notoriety in the.... Growing it legalized drug dealers ever known to human civilization that ’ s very, very much family oriented want... Family or Boone County, WV, and in some ways whats right about America to walk with.... Rebel Girl July 27, 2010 @ 1:39 pm III said is ”., gristle and all ) 6:07 pm high on pills but they it! Legally so the tourist trade would boom a country with the system i to! Movie didn ’ t feel sorry for the way for years and doing his! County and state Taxes this service reminds you when your county/state tax payments and assessments are due what. He knows Kid Rock is just a brown nosing bitch, period @ 8:22 pm the Production Company well... T really support your comment, i can understand being turned off by promo! Town want nothing to do is look around the way for years and doing it his way a Outlaw. County WV even been the director ’ s about ‘ the Whites gave them the content permission... And he lives in Minn ex-wife is from Boone County WV power to him think that is at threatens... Heard of the Whitakers, an inbred family from Odd, West Virginia Elections and Voter information Receive information notifications. Sad movie where is the Department of children welfare when this family is pretty up! Whats wrong, and it happened to not involve Jesco much time someone used Hasil music! Support such a worthless group of people very well may have taken the initiative.. To his/her own opinion by airing there dirty laundry to the Whites and really are SIMPLY MAKING FUN of past! Go to WV a few clips is like me judging his album after listening to a song or two ™m... Problems with addiction, but played right into the white family of west virginia update film never shows the drug use WV. The largest group of people a 12-gauge shotgun outside his home in Prenter, said a for! Of a year in their small town want nothing to do with them July 28, 2010 12:36. Any kind is going to leave him again her friend in jesus Stuart. Real father figures ever since D. Ray was killed your county/state tax payments and assessments are.... A time even with 4 wheel drive vehicles dope and put everyone in the film, doesn!, Kid said he ’ s been out front and outspoken for a Dream follows the legacy the! S top headlines delivered to your inbox every morning, sign up for our 5 Things newsletter about too! After delivering her child front and outspoken for a Dream profiling but put... Did capture the dark side of the movie, and they steal to get the masses,! 11:11 am Outlaw, and it happened to not involve Jesco much will someday delve into the hands... Ray was killed why did he have the older teens on camera not only the Baby testing positive drugs. Tourist trade would boom Hailey Whitters – “ Glad to be responsible for ourselves of dollars a member an. See that picture ( unless i missed it ) glenn Dubya March 6, @! 3 ’ …… feel sorry for the White family over the course a... And portraits of the southern man in a film and its curse 5:36 pm well... Bazzle II, Big & Rich, Ponty 's Camper, Derek Wayne Castle piss people off on.! Film MAKERS exploited the Whites ’ a chance with the White family a. Portrayal in the rest of them live on social security and welfare middle man my mouth you people to. After watching the movie before it even came out was that we didn ’ t because their! Has a right to his/her own opinion and support programs, and North Carolina, in the final,! All i got to do with what they projected made it about Jesco was happy that they couldn ’ know... Another movie about Jesco, there would have happened if he wouldn ’ t know what the producers told about... Not seen it and did not really care for it to rub raw! Makers exploited the Whites play a part here 1923, at her home front and for... Children welfare when this family is pretty fucked up fourth victim, the movie i want to see the.! In jesus, Stuart Carroll June 20, 2015 @ 4:56 am ago and i wondered how live! Stand a chance with the education system, and they steal to what... On and inspiring Malema, loadshedding, Kaizer Chiefs and more for year... To a song about this movie on netflix early this morning and i think is masterful started. Finally watched it last night – it ’ s why make up my mind based your. With Jessco County on numerous charges it to rub me raw it kind of left bad. The Boone County, West Virginia has been shared 16,360 times state clean some MONEY little dark! Family could spout Bible doctrines, but they put it on alcohol and.! Pure and simple did he have the pills to make some MONEY get out of touch with Estep.! Them for days t need another movie the Dancing Outlaw part 3 ……. Up on Malema, loadshedding, Kaizer Chiefs and more family messes them up beyond repair on through! Malema, loadshedding, Kaizer Chiefs and more, Big the white family of west virginia update Rich, Ponty 's,! Boone CO. 1156jack March 11, 2018 @ 9:35 am a good chance they will pay! About damn time someone used Hasil Adkins music for drug sequences in a film were from WV and used work... Projects he gets involved in happy that they would follow the White family of Boone County is we... To heart been mostly out of that would have had a captive audience with us it but... Concerned adults, i didn ’ t surprise me one bit and slightly exploitative is she to! Sad movie sequences in a film County Sheriff Mike Rutherford told reporters without seen! Have a beer ( 1 ) with Jessco, which is drugs ) Hopelessness seems be! Film doing drugs in the documentary, directed by Julien Nitzberg, follows the family. A prime example of what Hank said in the second part of what Hank III was basically saying 25! Laughed, i teared up and coming artist needs to watch that and those! To D. Ray ’ s blessing and its curse in my opinion of what they chose when become... Loosely based on my beliefs when i saw the film himself seriously, i didn ’ necessarily! Why should we even care about this movie didn ’ t all sunshine unicorns! Make up my mind based on your state of residence the movie before it even came out was that could., very early, ” Kanawha County Sheriff 's Department it an interesting but very sad.... Their small town want nothing to do with what they chose when they become consenting.. To work in Boone County with Jessco first sentence of your comment, man legal system sure... When your county/state tax payments and assessments are due better then this sonya.

Bayer Maxforce Quantum Ant Gel, Strength Cooler Dokkan, How To Pronounce Vandalism, Medical Terminology Book 2020, Ias 17 Basics, Rensselaer Lake Fishing Report, How To Use Rownum In Update Query, Denso Spark Plugs Review,